1. Help your child pick out clothes and colors that look good on them. After all, your child is the star of the photo—not their shirt. Small jewelry and accessories are fine but we suggest nothing too big or distracting. Some poses may show pants or skirts, so plan the complete outfit.
2. Glasses are okay! We know all the tricks to help reduce glare.
3. Any hairstyle works for Picture Day. Schedule haircuts a few weeks ahead of time to allow hair to grow back a little, or you go for a fresh-cut look.
4. With the help of teachers and staff, we like to see kids relaxed and ready to be themselves. Smiles can look fake if they’re practiced ahead of time. Remember, smiles are like french fries—they’re better when they’re fresh.
5. Don’t worry about “perfect”! That hair that always sticks up or a missing tooth shows your child just as they are right now—and you’ll enjoy looking back on that for years to come. On Picture Day, teachers and staff will help straighten collars and check posture. And, if you like, we have complimentary retouching service for life’s little scrapes, blemishes and bruises (Be sure and check this option on the order if you want retouching).